By Craig Blomberg
In this quantity, very hot biblical pupil Craig Blomberg deals an available and nuanced argument for the Bible's reliability based on the extraordinary perspectives approximately Scripture and its authority articulated through either side of the controversy. He believes cautious research of the correct facts exhibits we now have cause to be extra convinced within the Bible than ever ahead of. As he lines his personal educational and religious trip, Blomberg sketches out the case for self assurance within the Bible inspite of a number of demanding situations to the trustworthiness of Scripture, providing a favorable, expert, and defensible approach.
Read Online or Download Can We Still Believe the Bible?: An Evangelical Engagement with Contemporary Questions PDF
Similar christian reference books
This e-book proposes a brand new and finished chiastic constitution in addition to a brand new unifying subject matter for the Letter of James. In accord with this constitution that organizes its oral functionality, the phrases “worship to stay through” exhibit what the letter as an entire is exhorting its viewers to undertake. “Worship” comprises not just liturgical worship but additionally the moral habit that enhances it, in order that the result's a holistic manner of worshiping God.
The Sermon at the Mount should be noticeable because the founding handle of the Church, however it can be a decision to a fuller a deeper discipleship from those that stick to Christ. The Beatitudes make up the start of the Sermon at the Mount, and in them you will see that those quite a few stipulations are thought of blessed simply because, if pondered and undefined, they could lead us to a deeper discipleship
During this new addition to the previous testomony Library sequence, Graeme Auld writes, "This booklet is ready David. " the writer demonstrates how all of the different personalities in First and moment Samuel--including Samuel, for whom the books have been named--are current in order that we may even see and recognize David larger. those interesting tales element the lives of David, his predecessors, and their households.
The ebook of Revelation has at a loss for words and involved readers for hundreds of years. specifically, its ultimate chapters—which include the one prolonged description of heaven within the canon—beg for shut exam and cautious attention. during this choice of essays, six students theologically research Revelation 21–22.
- Reading Acts in the Discourses of Masculinity and Politics (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- Wonderful Counselor: The Story of Revelation, Redemption, and the Return of Jesus Christ
- Job: An Introduction and Study Guide: Where Shall Wisdom Be Found? (T&T Clark’s Study Guides to the Old Testament)
- Unusual Healings Personal Reflection Guide: Unusual Gospel for Unusual People - Studies from the Book of John
- Die Einheit der Schrift und die Vielfalt des Kanons / The Unity of Scripture and the Diversity of the Canon (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Apocalypticism in the Bible and Its World: A Comprehensive Introduction
Additional resources for Can We Still Believe the Bible?: An Evangelical Engagement with Contemporary Questions