By Maria Vallet-Regi
This e-book deals a special strategy that hyperlinks the fabrics technology of bioceramics to medical wishes and applications.
Providing a based account of this hugely lively zone of study, the e-book reports the medical functions in bone tissue engineering, bone regeneration, joint alternative, drug-delivery platforms and biomimetism, this booklet is a perfect source for fabrics scientists and engineers, in addition to for clinicians.
From the contents:
Part I Introduction
Part II Materials
3. Calcium Phosphate Bioceramics
4. Silica-based Ceramics: Glasses
5. Silica-based Ceramics: Mesoporous Silica
6. Alumina, Zirconia, and different Non-oxide Inert Bioceramics
7. Carbon-based fabrics in Biomedicine
Part III fabric Shaping
9. Bioceramic Coatings for scientific Implants
10. Scaffold Designing
Part IV examine on destiny Ceramics
11. Bone Biology and Regeneration
12. Ceramics for Drug Delivery
13. Ceramics for Gene Transfection
14. Ceramic Nanoparticles for melanoma Treatment
Read Online or Download Bio-Ceramics with Clinical Applications PDF
Best biotechnology books
This booklet attracts jointly contemporary info on either cytoplasmic and flagellar dyneins and the proteins they have interaction with, to provide readers a transparent photograph of what's at present identified concerning the constitution and mechanics of those outstanding macro-molecular machines. each one bankruptcy is written by means of energetic researchers, with a spotlight on at the moment used biophysical, biochemical, and mobilephone organic tools.
Provides a entire description of the speculation and sensible implementation of Doppler radar-based physiological tracking This e-book comprises an outline of present physiological tracking recommendations and explains the elemental expertise utilized in distant non-contact tracking methods. simple radio wave propagation and radar rules are brought besides the basics of physiological movement and size.
Utilized Biochemistry and Bioengineering, quantity 2: Enzyme know-how discusses the commercial purposes of immobilized enzymes. equipped into 10 chapters, this quantity first describes the innovations for the isolation and purification of intracellular and extracellular enzymes to be used on an business scale.
Well timed and complete, this ebook offers fresh advances in magnetic nanomaterials study, protecting the most recent advancements, together with the layout and training of magnetic nanoparticles, their actual and chemical homes in addition to their functions in numerous fields, together with biomedicine, magnetic power garage, wave-absorbing and water remediation.
- Protocells: Bridging Nonliving and Living Matter (MIT Press)
- Animal Cell Bioreactors (Biotechnology Series)
- Basic Transport Phenomena in Biomedical Engineering, Fourth Edition
- Sleep: Circuits and Functions (Methods & New Frontiers in Neuroscience Series)
- Structure and Function of Intrinsically Disordered Proteins
Extra info for Bio-Ceramics with Clinical Applications